AVID Path to Schoolwide transforms conceptual understandings into usable strategies that are intentional, purposeful, replicable, and lead to student success. Path to Schoolwide brings educators together to learn how to implement engaging activities in their classrooms, raise their level of commitment to student success, and thereby produce a learning environment where all students are equipped to tackle complex issues, problems, and information. Your participation is contingent on access to AVID technology platforms and tools. Please review the checklist below to make sure that you have everything you need before starting your journey.
Before the Training
- Complete your required eLearning Pre-Work.
As part of your AVID Path to Schoolwide experience, all registrants are required to complete the eLearning Pre-Work prior to attending AVID Path to Schoolwide. Watch this video on how to access your Pre-Work. To ensure a seamless experience, follow the recommendations on this technology checklist.
- Log in to MyAVID, click the blue My eLearning button, and select the Path Pre-Work tile.
- You will have access to your pre-work 10 business days before the start of your event.
- Access your Community of Practice course.
The Community of Practice eLearning course will be available two business days before the training, and registrants will receive a logistics email prior to the training.
- Plan to bring your own, fully charged digital device and headphones to the training.
All professional learning requires participants to have their own device or laptop that can connect to the Internet. Participants must bring an acceptable device, power cord, and earbuds/headphones with them to the training. If a district-issued device is being used, be sure to log in to the device on the district network before attending. Device software and preferred web browsers (Chrome or Firefox) need to be up to date. It is highly recommended that participants have both browsers on their device prior to attending the training. Acceptable devices include laptops, Chromebooks, Surface devices, and iPad Pros. Unacceptable devices include iPad minis, iPads, Kindle or Galaxy tablets, and smartphones.
- Request Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) support, if needed.
If you require special devices or need assistance per ADA guidelines, please submit your request at least 2 weeks before your AVID Path to Schoolwide training starts.
- Check in and Print Your Name Badge.
Two calendar days before your training, you may check in and print your name badge. Follow the steps below:
- Log in to your MyAVID account.
- Look under “My Action Items” in the red box on the left side of your MyAVID home page.
- Click “Print your name badge.”
- When the page opens, click the option to “Print Badge”—located to the right of your registration information—and follow the steps.
- Make sure that your name, school, and Community of Practice listed on the badge are correct, and then bring it to the training.
- Hotel and Travel Accommodations for Regional Path Trainings
Review the related Regional Path flyer—located under the “Upcoming Regional Path to Schoolwide Trainings” section of the AVID Path to Schoolwide page—to see the training schedule and important travel recommendations.
After the Professional Learning
- In order to receive your Digital Badge, you must complete the following:
- Submit all daily feedback forms, the AVID Path End of Professional Learning Participant Reflection Form, and the Path Exit Survey before the end of the last training day. Your feedback is essential and helps AVID create relevant and meaningful professional development sessions for partners.
- Attend all sessions and actively engage in the course activities. 100% attendance is required.
- Once you have completed all your feedback, you will need to open the Accessing Your AVID ElevateXP Digital Badge page in order to trigger the badging process. Please allow 24 hours for your badge email to be sent and for your badge to become available. The Digital Badge can be shared with others to confirm successful completion of the course. Badges can be added to email signatures, portfolios, and social media accounts.
- Get information on university credit.
Other Important Information
- AVID Rest Assured Policy
View the Rest Assured Policy for important information about cancellation deadlines and AVID’s refund policy.
- AVID Center Event Code of Conduct
AVID Center is committed to having a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all attendees. If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please contact AVID Care as soon as possible. View more information about AVID Center’s Event Code of Conduct policy.
There are several ways to pay for your registration(s). Visit the Payments page for payment options and requirements.
- AVID Media Release
By attending AVID face-to-face or online events, you grant to AVID and its legal representatives, agents, licensees, and assigns, the right and permission to use, publish, sell, and license videos, pictures, written work, or recordings of you or in which you may be included, in whole or in part, without restriction, in conjunction with your own or fictitious name, in any and all media now or hereafter known for any purpose whatsoever, and you waive any right of publicity, copyright, or other intellectual property right from the aforementioned use.
- AVID System Status Dashboard for System Outages
When using any technology platforms and tools, there are always risks of technical issues. We do not anticipate any major technical outages, but if we experience any outages, we will notify you of the outage via our AVID System Status page.
- Still Have Questions?
Contact the AVID Care team or call (833) 284-3227.