AVID Ignite transforms conceptual understandings into usable strategies that are intentional, purposeful, replicable, and lead to student success. AVID Ignite brings educators together to learn how to implement engaging activities in their classrooms, raise their level of commitment to student success, and thereby produce a learning environment where all students are equipped to tackle complex issues, problems, and information. AVID Ignite is a virtual professional learning experience that includes resources to support educators to connect with others at a local level. It is designed to help you create unique professional learning experiences that are customized to the learning goals or needs of an individual site or district.
This professional learning experience includes interactive online learning and networking that will require you to have access to different technology tools and be an active participant with your live facilitator and colleagues. Your participation is contingent on access to AVID technology platforms and tools. Please review the checklist below to make sure you have everything you need before you start your learning journey.
Before You Attend the Training
- Note your scheduled dates and times.
Check your event dates and the daily schedule, so you know when your event is taking place and in what time zone.
- Ensure you are registered for the correct Community of Practice.
Refer to the Professional Learning Guide for all Community of Practice titles and descriptions.
- Complete your required eLearning Pre-Work.
As part of your AVID Ignite experience, all registrants are required to complete the eLearning Pre-Work prior to attending the training. Watch this video on how to access your Pre-Work. To ensure a seamless experience, follow the recommendations on this technology checklist.
- Use your own, fully charged digital device for the training.
All professional learning requires participants to have their own device or laptop that can connect to the Internet. Participants must use an acceptable device, power cord, and earbuds/headphones when attending the Community of Practice. If a district-issued device is being used, be sure to log in to the device on the district network before attending. Device software and preferred web browsers (Chrome or Firefox) need to be up to date. It is highly recommended that participants have both browsers on their device prior to attending the training. Acceptable devices include laptops, Chromebooks, Surface devices, and iPad Pros. Unacceptable devices include iPads, iPad minis, Kindle or Galaxy tablets, and smartphones. For an optimal experience for you and others in your AVID Ignite Community of Practice, it is highly recommended that you work in a quiet area away from distractions and background noise.
- Request Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) support, if needed.
If you require special devices or need assistance per ADA guidelines, please submit your request at least 5 days before the training starts.
During the Professional Learning
- Join your AVID Ignite Community of Practice through the AVID eLearning platform.
Your module includes all the information you need to access, set up, and navigate through your Community of Practice.
- Have Fun!
Time for a Scavenger Hunt!
AVID has partnered with Goosechase to create a digital scavenger hunt to help you build community with fellow participants. The special code you will need to join the game is available in your Pre-Work section of your eLearning course. Your first mission starts in the Pre-Work module and continues with new missions each day of AVID Ignite. The top five winners for each AVID Ignite event will receive a special prize from the MyAVIDStore. Follow these directions.
After the Professional Learning
- In order to receive your Digital Badge, you must complete the following:
- Submit all daily feedback forms, the AVID Ignite End of Professional Learning Participant Reflection, and the AVID Ignite Exit Survey before the end of the last training day. Your feedback is essential and helps AVID create relevant and meaningful professional development sessions for partners.
- Attend all sessions and actively engage in the course activities. 100% attendance is required.
- Once you have completed all your feedback, you will need to open the Accessing Your AVID Ignite Digital Badge page in order to trigger the badging process. Please allow 24 hours for your badge email to be sent and for your badge to become available. The Digital Badge can be shared with others to confirm successful completion of the course. Badges can be added to email signatures, portfolios, and social media accounts.
- Get information on university credit.
Other Important Information
- AVID Rest Assured Policy
View the Rest Assured Policy for important information about cancellation deadlines and AVID’s refund policy.
- AVID Center Event Code of Conduct
AVID Center is committed to having a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all attendees. If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please contact AVID Care as soon as possible. View more information about AVID Center’s Event Code of Conduct policy.
There are several ways to pay for your registration(s). Visit the Payments page for payment options and requirements.
- AVID Media Release
By attending AVID face-to-face or online events, you grant to AVID and its legal representatives, agents, licensees, and assigns, the right and permission to use, publish, sell, and license videos, pictures, written work, or recordings of you or in which you may be included, in whole or in part, without restriction, in conjunction with your own or fictitious name, in any and all media now or hereafter known for any purpose whatsoever, and you waive any right of publicity, copyright, or other intellectual property right from the aforementioned use.
- AVID Digital System Status Dashboard for System Outages
During an online event, there are always risks of technical issues. We do not anticipate any major technical outages, but if we experience any outages, we will notify you of the outage, the timeline for updates, and when the issue has been resolved. If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact 1-833-AVID-CARE (1-833-284-3227). Updates are also posted on the AVID Digital System Status Dashboard.
- Still Have Questions?
Contact the AVID Care team or call (833) 284-3227.